Jordan is the world's 87th largest economy and ranks 64th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Jordanian economy grew by 2.9% in 2017. A subscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 400 Jordanian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 100 local and global sources.
- Gulf-Jordanian Economic Forum turns focus to food security The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-29
- United States: Administrator Samantha Power at Signing of The Bilateral Memorandum of Understanding Between The United States and The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Thai EconomicNews Service | 2022-Sep-25
- Cabinet approves amendments to budget law The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-26
- United States: Joint Statement on the Signing of the Bilateral Memorandum of Understanding on Strategic Partnership between the United States and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Thai EconomicNews Service | 2022-Sep-18
- 81% of government collections from e-payments — Hanandeh The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-18
- Investment Ministry calls for pan-Arab economic integration The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-16
- Industrial producer prices up 16.84% Bidsinfo News | 2022-Sep-14
- Jordan Investor Confidence increases to 189.3 points — JSF The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-13
- Consumer Price Index up by 3.85% over past 8 months The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-13
- S&P maintains Kingdom's long-term sovereign credit rating The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-12
- Jordan receives JD81.7m in foreign grants in H1 of 2022 — Finance Ministry The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-12
- Planning, Finance ministries launch Social Expenditure Monitor developed by ESCWA The Jordan Times | 2022-Sep-09
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Jordan Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Exchange Data International
Progressive Digital Media
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 National Electric Power Company (Jordan) (Utilities) - (1,557,646)
- 2 Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company (A Public Shareholding Limited Company) (شركة مصفاة البترول الأردنية) (Jordan) (Utilities) - (1,249,806)
- 3 Jordan Phosphate Mines Public Shareholding Company (شركة مناجم الفوسفات الأردنية المساهمة العامة المحدودة) (Jordan) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (1,127,445)
- 4 Jordan Electric Power Company Public Shareholding Company (شركة الكهرباء الأردنية المساهمة العامة المحدودة) (Jordan) (Utilities) - (909,755)
- 5 Arab Bank Group (البنك العربي) (Jordan) (Finance and Insurance) - (909,473)
- 6 Afaq For Energy Plc (آفاق للطاقة) (Jordan) (Wholesale Trade) - (834,286)
- 7 The Arab Potash Company (Public Shareholding Company) (البوتاس العربية) (Jordan) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (706,552)
- 8 Baby Life For Manufacturing Of Hygienic Products (Jordan) (Manufacturing) - (572,946)
- 9 Electricity Distribution Company (Public Shareholding Company) (توزيع الكهرباء المساهمة العامة) (Jordan) (Utilities) - (569,335)
- 10 Al Hazaa Investment (Jordan) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (458,780)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Greenflation and the Clean Energy Transition in Southeast Asia EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-30EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-27EMIS Insights - Squeezing Supplies and Surging Prices - How Russia’s War in Ukraine is Affecting Food Security EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-26
EMIS Insights - Fleeing Russia - The Mass Corporate Exodus EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-17EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-17EMIS Insights - The Road Ahead - Forces Shaping the Automotive Sector's 2022 Outlook EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-17
Growth Opportunities for Digital Twins in Healthcare F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Aug-29Middle Eastern Military Helicopter Growth Opportunities F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Aug-29Jordan Medical Devices Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05
Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Jordan Medical Devices Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-05
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Sweden: State Visit to Jordan Thai EconomicNews Service | 2022-Oct-02SIWAR FOODS SIGNS AN EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP WITH ITALIAN DESSERT MANUFACTURER DOLCERIA ALBA PR Newswire - English | 2022-Oct-02Princess Wijdan attends Ikebana exhibition The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03
RJ to introduce 20 Airbus A320neos into its fleet The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03Prince Hassan calls for human solidarity at conference on refugees, migrants The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03USAID provides $22 million in additional humanitarian assistance to Syrian refugees in Jordan amid rising global prices The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03
King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden due in Jordan for state visit in November The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03Love and aggression The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03Mobile phone subscriptions amounted to around 7.3m in Q1 2022 The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03
Jordanian expatriates' remittances reach $2.251b in 1st eight months of 2022 — CBJ The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03Health Ministry refutes reports of cholera infection in Mafraq The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03Court continues hearing on Luweibdeh building collapse case The Jordan Times | 2022-Oct-03
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Greenflation and the Clean Energy Transition in Southeast Asia 32 pages | 2022-Sep-30
EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector 22 pages | 2022-Sep-27
EMIS Insights - Squeezing Supplies and Surging Prices - How Russia’s War in Ukraine is Affecting Food Security 16 pages | 2022-Aug-26
EMIS Insights - Fleeing Russia - The Mass Corporate Exodus 18 pages | 2022-Aug-17
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Israel is expected to begin its natural gas deliveries to Jordan in early 2020, The Jordan Times reported referring to the CEO of Jordan’s National Electric Power Company (NEPCO), Abdel Fattah Daradkeh. Currently, a construction of a 65-km pipeline t...Thu, 07/05/2018 - 09:02
Russia is set to boost its grain exports to Jordan, newswire Prime reported on Wednesday citing Agriculture Minister Alexander Tkachyov. “We may also raise supplies of our grains to Jordan and welcome expansion of exports of Jordanian production...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:46
Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair and the Jordan Tourism Board (JTB) have agreed to add six more routes to the Kingdom, The Jordan Times reported. Thus, the air carrier will operate a total of 22 routes that will connect Jordan to 14 European countries....Wed, 10/27/2021 - 09:07
Jordan and Iraq have reached an agreement for a construction of a twin oil and gas pipeline from Iraq's city of Basra to Jordan’s Aqaba port, Petroleum Bazaar reported. The new pipeline, which is planned to be 1,680 km long, will generate revenu...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker