Emerging Europe Renewable Energy Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2021
Available in: English
Much like the rest of the world, the countries from Emerging Europe* are increasingly turning towards renewable energy (RE) to diversify their energy mix, reduce greenhouse emissions, and thus achieve a sustainable economic growth model. The region has added almost 30 GW of RE capacity in the 2015-2020 period to reach a total of 150 GW in the final year of that period, according to data provided by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA). The growth was supported by a combination of factors including ambitious RE targets, supportive government policy and openness to foreign capitals as power generation costs from solar and wind approached grid-parity.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Emerging Europe. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Emerging Europe
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Emerging Europe
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Emerging Europe
- Ascertain Emerging Europe’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Emerging Europe
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: