Thailand Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
The Thai economy has been robust over the past few years and this has translated to higher incomes for the growing middle class. Thailand is also one of the fastest aging societies in Asia. Finally, insurance penetration in Thailand remained comparatively low at only 5.3% of GDP in 2017. These prevailing factors have resulted in Thailand posting the strongest growth rates of the insurance sector in the ASEAN region and are expected to continue driving growth in the sector. The Thai insurance sector is also quite fragmented with a few large insurers dominating the market while many more small and medium insurers face intense competition. Market consolidation has happened over the years and this is likely to continue as the government increases regulatory scrutiny over the sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Thailand.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: