Thailand Consumer Goods and Beverages Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
Physical retail in Thailand is still growing, in contrast to the situation in many developed countries, which has triggered ruminations about a possible “retail apocalypse.” Thailand remains a growing, upper-middle income country, and newly emerging middle class consumers in Thailand are increasingly adopting consumerist lifestyles. In contrast with most ASEAN consumers, Thais tend to be highly brand-loyal and less price-conscious, which has boosted demand for premium to luxury category consumer goods as well as supported the proliferation of modern retailers. Thailand’s consumer goods and retail sector also benefits from the country being one of the world’s top tourist destinations, especially since shopping is a favourite pastime for many of Thailand’s inbound tourists.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the consumer goods and retail sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: