Romania Oil and Gas Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
Romania is EU’s third largest natural gas and the fifth largest crude oil producer. The crude oil and natural gas production value came in at RON 17.8bn in 2018, or 19% of the country’s GDP at current prices. The sector provided employment for close to 16,000 persons as of end-2018 (1.2% of total employment) and pays more than twice the country’s average wage. Romania covers 86% of its natural gas demand with domestic production, with the remaining 14% being imported from Russia. In 2018, crude oil production covered 36% of domestic consumption but the country was a net exporter of petroleum products to the tune of 1.9mn tonnes (EUR 2.9bn). The refinery sector has an annual manufacturing capacity of 10.85 mtoe.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Romania
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: