Poland Oil and Gas Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2019
Available in: English
Poland has insignificant oil reserves and modest natural gas ones and is thus forced to import the bulk of energy sources to feed its growing economy. This creates a chronic trade deficit in crude oil, natural gas and petroleum products, which reached EUR 14.4bn in 2018. In recent years, the government has undertaken several steps to diversify the import source countries away from Russia, which supplied 76.3% of crude oil processed in Polish refineries and 66.8% of total natural gas imports in 2018. With the LNG terminal in the city of Swinoujscie operating in full swing, LNG is set to further gain importance in the country’s energy mix. Furthermore, with the construction of a new gas pipeline connecting the country with Norway and plans to set up a second LNG terminal in the city of Gdansk, Poland has the potential to become a natural gas hub for the whole CEE region.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Poland
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: