Poland Agriculture Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2020
Available in: English
Poland is a major producer and exporter of agricultural produce in the EU. The agriculture sector accounted for 2.1% of the country’s GDP in 2018 and for 2.4% of Poland’s GVA. Poland’s agriculture also had a 5.1% share in the GVA of the entire EU. Exports of agri-food products rose by 6.8% y/y to a record level of EUR 29.7bn in 2018, resulting in a trade surplus of EUR 9.7bn, up from EUR 8.5bn in 2017. Agriculture is also a major source of employment, as persons employed in agriculture, forestry, hunting and fishing accounted for around 14.3% of total workforce in 2018. Poland has the third largest share of farmland in total land area among the EU states (18.6mn ha or 56% of land area), but the land ownership is highly fragmented. In 2018, the average farmland area per household was 10.3 ha, while 53.3% of households were farming on up to 5 ha land plots.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: