Philippines Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2017
Available in: English
The Philippines healthcare and pharmaceuticals sector has grown gradually in past years due to the country’s population and economic growth. Recently, sector growth has accelerated due to policy measures to increase the healthcare budget which have led to an increase in the amount of funds available for healthcare facilities upgrading and for financing healthcare spending by the poor. There is, however, persistent migration of qualified medical workers from the provinces to Metro Manila, oroutside the Philippines, which limits sector potential. Pharmaceuticals prices in the Philippines remain among the highest in the region although government measures such as setting price ceilings have reduced some of the disparities between the Philippines and the other ASEAN countries.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in the Philippines
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: