Philippines Banking Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
The Philippine banking sector has been characterised with strong fundamentals given the various reforms the country has undertaken following the lessons from various crises in the past. This is good news for an emerging country like the Philippines which heavily relies on the capacity of the banks to withstand economic disturbances. Year 2020 was a truly challenging period for the banking sector; nevertheless, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (“BSP”) has remained confident that the sector is more than capable in handling this magnitude of impact. On the other side of the coin, it remains a continuing challenge for the banking sector to engage the majority of the population in the banking system – given that more than 70% remains unbanked.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in the Philippines.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in the Philippines
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: