Malaysia Electric Power Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
Malaysia’s power sector is divided into three sub-markets, namely Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah (including the federal territory of Labuan), and Sarawak. Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) is the main utility in Peninsular Malaysia, while Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd (SESB) and Sarawak Energy Bhd (SEB) are the main utilities in Sabah and Sarawak respectively. With the introduction of independent power producers (IPPs) in 1993, the power generation subsector is open to market players under a single buyer model. Transmission and distribution are quasi-monopolised by the three main utilities in their respective sub-markets. There are some smaller distributors, typically industrial parks and shopping mall operators, which either generate their own power or buy in bulk from the main utilities and distribute to their individual tenants.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: