South Korea Transportation Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2016
Available in: English
Transportation is a pillar of the South Korean economy and is among the most developed in the world. Over the past decade, the industry has grown rapidly, driven by public investment in infrastructure and incentives for attracting private investment to the sector via public–private partnerships, low taxes and relaxed regulations. Air transportation services are the sector’s largest segment, accounting for 39.9% of the total industry value, followed by water transportation with 35.6%. The sector is heavily influenced by the international economicenvironment and in 2015 was affected by global economic events such as China’s economic slowdown,U.S. monetary policy tightening and commodity market slumps.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for South Korea. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in South Korea
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in South Korea
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in South Korea
- Ascertain South Korea’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in South Korea
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: