India Steel Sector Report FY2022 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
The steel sector is both the backbone of the Indian economy and a growth-promising sector. The growth of the sector is supported by the availability of raw material such as iron ore and cost-effective labour in the country. The government has always realised the importance of the sector for manufacturing sector growth and has therefore initiated various schemes and policies for the development of the steel sector along with promoting public private partnerships. Since the last two of the decades, the sector has been moving towards modernising itself with plant upgrades, the adoption of advanced technology and building of state-of-the-art mills. Leveraging on the high demand with resurging economy, the India has witnessed continuous rise in the steel production, which has made the country the second-largest crude steel producer in the world (since 2018).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the steel sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the steel sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: