India Software and IT Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2020
Available in: English
India’s IT industry consists of IT services and Hardware and Business Process Management (BPM). E-Commerce has officially been part of the BPM segment of this industry since FY2013, reflecting its substantial contribution to industry revenues. IT-BPM is India’s largest private-sector employer, employing 4.14mn people as of FY2019. In FY2019, IT-BPM industry exports totalled 76.8% of overall IT-BPM industry revenue, leaving 23.2% of revenues to the domestic market. In IT services, a segment of the IT-BPM industry, exports accounted for 81.3% of total revenue, leaving 18.7% to the domestic market. Hardware is the poorest contributor to industry revenue, as most hardware manufacturing taking place in India is outsourced from China, Taiwan, or South Korea. The importance of IT-BPM for India’s economy explains the substantial support it receives from the Indian government.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the software, IT and outsourcing sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the software, IT and outsourcing sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on demand and services availability for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. software, IT services, outsourcing, and business project management).
See below for a complete table of report contents: