India Automotive Sector Report 2020 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
In terms of vehicle numbers, automotive production in India in Q1 FY2020 – i.e. in April, May and June 2019 – saw a continuation of the slowdown registered in the second half of FY2019, when sector performance was hit hard by declining consumer sentiment in India, as well as by domestic macroeconomic and global challenges. On a quarterly basis, production was stagnant, with a mere 2.19% q/q increase in Q1 FY2020. On an annual basis, though, production dropped by 10.53% compared to Q1 FY2019. Passenger and commercial vehicle production dropped by 11.97% and 14.47% y/y, respectively, in Q1 FY2020.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles)
See below for a complete table of report contents: