Indonesia Mining Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2021
Available in: English
Abundant mineral resources in oil and non-oil sectors across its landscape makes Indonesia one of the leading players in the global mining market. The Southeast Asian nation is the largest supplier of thermal coal to the world and the second largest exporter of tin. It is also a major supplier of minerals such as bauxite, nickel, copper, zinc, lead and gold. The mining and quarrying (M&Q) sector contributed 6.4% to the national GDP in 2020. Excluding oil and gas, the sector’s gross value added (GVA) accounted for 4.3% of the nominal GDP in 2020. The share of coal and lignite mining in the M&Q sector’s GVA fell to 29.3% in the pandemic 2020 from 32.1% in the previous year. Metal ores accounted for a 13.2% share against 8.4% in 2019. The M&Q sector provides employment to 1.4mn people and the major players in the sector are state-owned enterprises (SOEs).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the coal mining sector for Indonesia . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the coal mining sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on reserves, production, consumption and sales for the sector in Indonesia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. brown, lignite and anthracite).
See below for a complete table of report contents: