Hungary Agriculture Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
Hungarian agricultural output amounted to HUF 2,594.7bn in 2017, up by 0.3% y/y. In volume terms the output shrank by 4.1% y/y, as unfavourable weather conditions affected crop production, which made up 58% of the sector’s overall output value in 2017. The agriculture sector’s share in the GVA of the economy stood at 3.4%. Foreign trade in agricultural and food products is an important contributor to the overall trade surplus. In 2017 the trade surplus in these products grew by 2.9% y/y to HUF 1,018bn. The number of employed in agriculture went up by 1.4% y/y to 220,000 people, or 5% of the total number of employed in the economy. The sector is fragmented, with 451,172 entities in 2017. Private farms accounted for 97.8% in 2016, according to latest available figures. As many as 49.7% of private farms work on land plots smaller than 1 ha.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Hungary. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Hungary
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Hungary
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Hungary’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Hungary
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: