Czech Republic Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
The gross value added (GVA) of the Czech pharmaceutical sector amounted to CZK 19.4bn in 2017, increasing by a real 11.1% y/y. The sector accounted for 0.4% of the GDP that year. The pharmaceutical sector employed 9,855 workers in 2017, accounting for 0.2% of the total number of employees. Total healthcare expenditures amounted to CZK 358.8bn in 2017, increasing by 5.3% y/y, according to OECD data. The increase was mainly due to public healthcare expenditures, which rose by 4% y/y to CZK 293.3bn, having a share of 81.7% of total healthcare expenditures. Total healthcare expenditures accounted for 7.1% of GDP in 2017. The human health and social work activities employed 294,300 people in 2017, accounting for 7.3% of the total employment in the country.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for the Czech Republic . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in the Czech Republic
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in the Czech Republic
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Czech Republic
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Czech Republic
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: