Colombia Agriculture Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2019
Available in: English
In 2018, Colombia’s agriculture, livestock, forestry, hunting and fisheries sector accounted for 6.3% of the country’s GDP. Between 2013 and 2018, the sector’s GVA rose at a CAGR of 4.2% in real terms, supported by the Colombia Siembra government supported programme adopted in 2015, and the peace agreement with the biggest guerrilla group, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), signed in November 2016. These positive developments led to an increase in both planted area and production volume. The best-performing segment during 2013-2018 was coffee production, whose GVA grew at a CAGR of 4.5% in real terms. Overall, the sector is among the leading exporters in the domestic economy, accounting for 12.4% of Colombia’s total export value and for 17.2% of total employment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: