China Healthcare Sector Report 2019 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2019
Available in: English
China’s healthcare sector kept growing over the second quarter of 2019. The period was characterised by increased government spending on healthcare, with the amount dedicated to health and family planning rising by 5.9% y/y to RMB 534.5bn in Q2 2019. The country introduced a number of regulatory policies to support healthcare sector development. In July 2019, the government launched theHealthy China Initiative programme for the 2019-2030 period, along with additional structural reforms in the sector. The major focus was put on industry standardisation and upgrade. China’s National Healthcare Security Administration (NHSA) for instance introduced standardised codes for medical services and products, and also launched an online product management database in June 2019. The online mechanism allows pharmaceutical companies and producers of medical products to update their product information. Also in June, a plan for the Diagnosis-Related Groups pilot programme was announced by the NHSA. The programme, which is aimed to be introduced in 30 cities between 2020 and 2021, will classify patients according to clinical symptoms and potential treatment costs.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. medical institutions, medical devices and pharmaceuticals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: