China Air Transportation Sector Report 2020 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
In the first quarter of 2020, China’s air transportation sector was severely hit by the coronavirus outbreak starting in January 2020, when the first cases were announced in China. It happened just days before the Chinese New Year holiday, when millions of people travel across the country every year. To contain the virus, the city of Wuhan – where the new virus was first detected - and several neighbouring cities were cut off by the Chinese authorities, suspending all transport links including air transport. On March 11, 2020, the coronavirus outbreak was officially confirmed as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) as it spread beyond China and global confirmed cases exceeded 200,000. To limit the spread of the virus, governments around the world were closing borders, placing cities under quarantine and cancelling flights.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the air transportation sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the air transportation sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (freight and passenger), as well as air transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: