Chile Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2017
Available in: English
In 2015, Chile was the sixth largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America in terms of sales volume, with 278mn units sold, and the seventh biggest in terms of sales value, with USD 1.53bn, based on ex-factory prices (USD 2.32bn, based on retail prices). According to EMIS Insights estimates, Chile is particularly well-positioned in terms of per capita drug spending, ranking fifth in South America with sales of USD 84.6 per person in 2015. Over 2010-2015, total health expenditure rose at a CAGR of 8%, driven by a solid increase of government spending on healthcare. In 2015, Chile allocated 7.5% of its GDP for healthcare, a figure that will continue to grow in the short term. And yet, the country continues to rely on imports to meet its domestic demand for drugs. In 2010-2015 trade deficit in pharmaceuticals continually increased to reach USD 1bn in 2015.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Chile . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: