Brazil Pharma and Healthcare Sector 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2020
Available in: English
Due to a growing and ageing population, and an increasing incidence of non-communicable diseases, Brazil became the seventh largest pharmaceutical market in the world in 2018. During the year, retail drug sales, based on pharmacy purchase price (PPP), rose by 10.1% y/y to BRL 62.6bn, and by an additional 10.4% y/y in the first ten months of 2019. Generic drugs remained the major driving force of the market, due to their lower price, improved awareness among consumers, and new product launches by Brazilian producers specialising in the production of this type of drug.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: