Argentina Food and Beverage Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
Argentina is recognised worldwide as one of the major producers and exporters of food and beverages, ranking among the ten biggest producers of vegetable oils, soybean by-products, pasta and wine on a global scale. The food and beverage sector plays a key role in the Argentine economy, accounting for 3.8% of GDP, 5.8% of formal employment and 27.5% of national exports in 2018. The economic recession since the second quarter of 2018, accompanied by a depreciating national currency, stubbornly high inflation, rising borrowing costs, a deteriorating labour market and fading consumer confidence, has pushed down domestic demand for essential goods, including food and beverages. This context has pushed a growing number of companies to embrace an export-led growth strategy on the back of the improving price competitiveness of their products.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: