Latin America M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
M&A in Latin America had a good start of the year with 415 transactions for the period January-March. It is in fact the best beginning of the year since 2014, also marking a 4.3% increase compared to Q1 2018.
In terms of foreign-led M&A, the U.S. comfortably took the first spot with 49 deals for USD 2.6bn in total. Unlike last year however, this time China was nowhere to be seen and had just four deals, the sums of which were all not disclosed.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: