Emerging Europe M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
Similarly to past years, Emerging Europe M&A activity improved significantly in Q4, reaching 459 deals for EUR 25.9bn in that quarter after being helped by some last-minute big Russian M&A.
Overall dealmaking in 2020 was marked by the Covid-19 pandemic and although the region did not suffer as severe an impact as some other emerging markets, deal flow dropped 13.2% y-o-y to 1,757 deals, and aggregate value fell 15.6% to EUR 62.7bn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: