Emerging Europe M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2019
Available in: English
At the start of 2019, M&A activity in Emerging Europe dropped significantly to just 477 deals, which is the lowest quarterly number since Q3 2016 and also 5.4% down y/y. Nevertheless, the aggregate value of transactions fared well at EUR 15.5bn thanks to several large deals in the Telecoms & IT sector in Russia.
The value of foreign-led M&A jumped 11.7% with the top foreign investor being the U.S. with 18 deals.
PE activity in Q1 2019 was similar to the equivalent quarter of last year albeit featuring bigger-ticket deals overall.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: