Emerging Europe M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2018
Available in: English
M&A activity in the first quarter of 2018 was sluggish. Many countries in the Emerging Europe region had fewer deals y/y but there was an even more notable decline in deal value, particularly in Poland, Romania and Turkey. Overall, deal flow was down 19% y/y to 445 deals, while total value dropped by 8% to EUR 16.4bn.
As 2017 was quite good for dealmaking, we expect it will be hard to maintain the same level of activity in 2018. This is particularly true in light of new EU regulations like GDPR, as well as the increasing scrutiny over information security, which may hinder legal due diligence and prolong deal closure.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: