Emerging Europe M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
In Q1-Q3 2019 the region experienced a decline in M&A activity to 1,463 deals worth EUR 51.7bn. The third quarter of the year in particular was the worst one since 2016 for Emerging Europe M&A, featuring just 467 deals for EUR 10.2bn in total.
In Russia, domestic buyers were dominating the deal scene, and the three largest deals in Q3 involved Gazprom. Traditionally, the oil & gas and the mining sectors were most active for M&A.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: