Emerging Europe M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2018
Available in: English
After a peak in M&A value during the second quarter of the year following a couple of large telecom deals, activity during the summer months returned to its usual levels for the region. Q3 had 487 transactions worth EUR 16.4bn, while overall for the first nine months the number of deals was 1,482 (down 8% y/y) worth EUR 63.8bn (up 45% y/y).
Foreign-led M&A were 364, marking a slight y/y decline, but their value jumped more than twice to EUR 32.1bn. Big Chinese deals in the region returned in Q3 after miner Zijin acquired a couple of assets in Serbia, pushing China’s total investments so far in 2018 to EUR 2.9bn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: