Emerging Europe M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
Despite a slight slowdown in activity in the second quarter of the year, there were several remarkably large M&A transactions such as the acquisition of the mobile assets of Liberty Global in CEE/SEE by Vodafone, and the purchase of an additional 9.2% in Rosneft by Qatar Investment Authority. Overall for the first six month, the number of deals was down by 10% y/y but their total value soared by 54% to EUR 44.5bn.
The real estate & construction sector has been most active so far in 2018 with 149 transactions (13% less y/y) for a total value of EUR 4.5bn (down by 7%). Thanks to the aforementioned Liberty Global deal, as well as Telenor’s sale of its mobile assets in CEE/SEE, the value of M&A in the telecoms sector surged 8 times to EUR 9.4bn.
We expect activity to pick up in the second half of 2018, as elections in major regional countries have passed, GDPR has been embraced, and the effect of the latest round of US sanctions on Russia has been fully accounted for.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: