The Philippines is the 35th largest economy in the world and ranks 18th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Philippines economy grew at a rate of 6.7% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 33,000 companies in The Philippines as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 200 local and global sources.
- Faster inflation seen in Sept. — poll Business World | 2022-Oct-03
- Mobility needed to sustain consumer spending - Concepcion PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-Oct-02
- DPWH budget has P544 billion in potential pork - Pimentel PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-Oct-03
- National development plan until 2028 ready by December Philstar | 2022-Oct-02
- Analyst sees need to impose fiscal program The Manila Times | 2022-Oct-03
- Inflation likely quickened in September Philstar | 2022-Oct-02
- Natinal development plan until 2028 ready by December Philstar | 2022-Oct-02
- P544B lump-sum appropriation for DPWH questioned The Manila Times | 2022-Oct-03
- No DepEd confidential funds under PNoy, says ex-DepEd chief Luistro Manila Bulletin | 2022-Oct-02
- 2023 budget bill passage shows strong consensus in House --- Dalipe Manila Bulletin | 2022-Oct-03
- Pimentel questions P544B lump sum lodged in DPWH’s budget Manila Bulletin | 2022-Oct-03
- Philippines: BSP eyes September inflation between 6.6%-7.4% Thai News Service | 2022-Sep-30
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Philippines Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Philippine Daily Inquirer, Inc.
Business World Online, Inc.
The Manila Times
Papa Securities Corp.
COL Financial Philippines
UniCapital Securities Inc.
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Progressive Digital Media
GRDS Reports Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 San Miguel Corporation (Philippines) (Utilities) - (977,317,000)
- 2 Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc. (Philippines) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (977,314,000)
- 3 Petron Corporation (Philippines) (Manufacturing) - (439,338,000)
- 4 Sm Investments Corporation (Philippines) (Finance and Insurance) - (427,470,952)
- 5 Manila Electric Company (Philippines) (Utilities) - (323,247,000)
- 6 San Miguel Food And Beverage, Inc (Philippines) (Manufacturing) - (310,522,000)
- 7 Ayala Corporation (Philippines) (Utilities) - (271,808,858)
- 8 Jg Summit Holdings Inc (Philippines) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (248,211,637)
- 9 Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (Philippines) (Utilities) - (243,722,423)
- 10 Pldt Inc. (Philippines) (Information) - (198,014,000)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - Greenflation and the Clean Energy Transition in Southeast Asia EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-30EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-27EMIS Insights - Philippines Transportation Secor Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-22
EMIS Insights - Philippines Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-22EMIS Insights - Philippines Food and Beverage Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-16Philippines Hybrid Rice Seed Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027) Mordor Country Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-01
Asia-Pacific - Motorcycles, August 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-30EMIS Insights - Squeezing Supplies and Surging Prices - How Russia’s War in Ukraine is Affecting Food Security EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-26Asia-Pacific - Foodservice, August 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-30
Asia-Pacific - Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing, August 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-30EMIS Insights - Philippines Infrastructure Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Aug-29Asia-Pacific - Textile Mills, August 2022 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-30
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
US-Philippines drawing closer on defense of Taiwan Asia Times | 2022-Oct-03Pet weddings highlight animal blessing ceremony in the Philippines PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-Oct-03Oil firms set another fuel price cut PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-Oct-03
Privacy commission sets eyes on data aggregators again amid text scams PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-Oct-03Philippine Daily Economic Indicator - October 03, 2022 SKF-Compass | 2022-Oct-03Philippine thrift banks embrace sustainable finance PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-Oct-03
Filipino BPO veteran named Alorica's global COO PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-Oct-03Tourists coming back, taking longer holidays, say PH tour operators PH Daily Inquirer | 2022-Oct-03ADB to bankroll $3.8 million to protect Philippine coral reefs Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Oct-03
Philippine Stock Exchange as of September 30, 2022 Business World | 2022-Oct-03NATIONAL GOVERNMENT FISCAL PERFORMANCE (in billion pesos) Business World | 2022-Oct-03NATIONAL GOVERNMENT OUTSTANDING DEBT (in Billion Pesos) Business World | 2022-Oct-03
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Greenflation and the Clean Energy Transition in Southeast Asia 32 pages | 2022-Sep-30
EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector 22 pages | 2022-Sep-27
EMIS Insights - Philippines Transportation Secor Report 2022-2023 79 pages | 2022-Sep-22
EMIS Insights - Philippines Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023 80 pages | 2022-Sep-22
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Retailing is a fast growing sector in the Philippines. A confluence of favourable factors contribute to this, including a young population (median age of 23.4 years as of the 2010 census), rising incomes, and an increase in the consumer credit indust...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:16
With an overall score of 19.75, the Philippines has been ranked 13th in the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC)'s Travel and Tourism Power Rankings, Philstar has reported. The ranking demonstrates the country’s growth on travel and tourism indica...Fri, 09/28/2018 - 08:14
Japanese property developers remain bullish on the Philippines’ real estate market, industry insiders say, citing the country’s higher investor yields as one of the main factors. For instance, this year at least three local developers have teamed up ...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:18
Gina Lopez, the committed environmentalist who was very involved with the clean-up drive of Manila’s waterways, has been removed from the office after the Commission on Appointments turn down her confirmation due to lack of qualifications, as reporte...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:07
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker