Malaysia is the 38th largest economy in the world and ranks 20th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Malaysian economy grew at a rate of 5.9% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 100,000 Malaysian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 250 local and global sources.
- PM CONFIDENT BUDGET 2023 WILL BE SUPPORTED BY MPs Bernama Newswires | 2022-Oct-03
- BUDGET 2023: WORKFORCE CALLS TO ALLEVIATE FINANCIAL BURDEN POST COVID-19 Bernama Newswires | 2022-Oct-03
- PVATM'S THREE REQUESTS FROM BUDGET 2023 Bernama Newswires | 2022-Oct-03
- Foreign experts have transferred their knowledge New Straits Times | 2022-Oct-02
- Budget 2023: Workforce calls to alleviate financial burden post Covid-19 Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-02
- BUDGET 2023: GOVT ASKED TO EMPOWER ASSETS, IMPROVE WELFARE OF IMMIGRATION PERSONNEL Bernama Newswires | 2022-Oct-03
- KUSKOP HOPES PUSH SCHEME WILL BE APPROVED IN BUDGET 2023 Bernama Newswires | 2022-Oct-03
- MALAYSIA REMAINS FOCUSED ON ENHANCING ECONOMIC FUNDAMENTALS, STRUCTURAL REFORMS Bernama Newswires | 2022-Oct-03
- M'sia remains focused on enhancing economic fundamentals, structural reforms Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-01
- Malaysia's real GDP to grow 5.1pct in 2022: DoSM Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Oct-01
- Malaysia's Budget 2023 to be expansive, but not overly so as govt needs firepower for rockier times ahead World Bank economist Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Oct-01
- MIDF Research sees price pressures on local producers easing Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Oct-01
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Malaysia Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia (BERNAMA)
New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd.
The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
RHB Research Institute
Knight Frank (Malaysia)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Sime Darby Industrial Holdings Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (159,130,000)
- 2 Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (53,511,100)
- 3 Employees Provident Fund (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (41,848,011)
- 4 Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (42,829,000)
- 5 Petronas Lng Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (28,341,503)
- 6 Axiata Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Information) - (25,939,194)
- 7 Ytl Corporation Berhad (Malaysia) (Utilities) - (26,118,716)
- 8 Malaysia Lng Tiga Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (19,353,502)
- 9 Petronas Chemicals Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Manufacturing) - (23,960,000)
- 10 Petronas Dagangan Berhad (Malaysia) (Wholesale Trade) - (22,787,293)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Malaysia Industry Research - Banks: Another Strong Month Of Loan Growth; Still O/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Oct-02EMIS Insights - Greenflation and the Clean Energy Transition in Southeast Asia EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-30Malaysia Industry Research - Rubber Products: The Descent Of Rubber Glove Giants; Cut To U/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Sep-28
EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-27Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: National Marques Racing Ahead RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Sep-21EMIS Insights - Malaysia Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-22
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-22EMIS Insights - Malaysia Electric Power Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Sep-22Malaysia Industry Research - Telecommunications: JENDELA: 2Q22 Progress Report RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Sep-20
Malaysia Industry Research - Healthcare: Recovery On Track; Still OVERWEIGHT RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Sep-20Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: Strong 2Q22, Upbeat Over 2H22, Cautious On 2023 RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Sep-15Malaysia Industry Research - Consumer Products: Navigating The Inflation Bubble RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Sep-14
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Ministry to review training of Sarawak's dyslexia trainers Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03Buckland Bangik officially assumes duties as new Deputy State Secretary Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03Job scam: Putrajaya urged to freeze recruitment of Malaysian workers to Cambodia Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03
Deputy finance minister calls for Islamic finance integration to develop halal industry Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03Petronas: Gemusut-Kakap deepwater field off Sabah achieves first oil production Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03Morning Notes Affin - Morning Notes | 2022-Oct-03
Malaysia Affin Hwang - Global News - October 03, 2022 Affin - Global News | 2022-Oct-03Thousands turn up at rice distribution event held by temple Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03PSB to create Putera, Puteri wings to woo younger members Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03
Mayor calls on public, private sectors to help deaf society cover operating costs Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03Rajang River holds great tourism potential, says Bukit Assek rep Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03Sagah: Greater Kuching Consolidated Development Authority to be sited in Serian Borneo Post Online | 2022-Oct-03
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Greenflation and the Clean Energy Transition in Southeast Asia 32 pages | 2022-Sep-30
EMIS Insights - Russia-Ukraine War What Does It Mean for Metals and Mining Sector 22 pages | 2022-Sep-27
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023 88 pages | 2022-Sep-22
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2022-2023 78 pages | 2022-Sep-22
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Malaysia’s economy is seen to perform better in the second quarter of 2018 as a result of strong domestic sector, solid labour market and better wage growth, Business Times has reported citing comments from the country's top economists. "Privat...Mon, 08/13/2018 - 10:52
Citing a surge in parcel deliveries driven by booming e-commerce, Pos Malaysia Berhad plans to have discussions with Alibaba to cut through middlemen and increase its role in the industry. The company is currently considered the world’s most va...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:29
Malaysia is expected to see an increase in capital inflow from Chinese investments in 2018 as major infrastructure projects related to the Belt and Road Initiative continue to attract more developers from the mainland to the country, the Malaysian Re...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
Increasing volumes are the main driver of the expected growth in motor vehicle insurance premiums in Malaysia in 2017. BMI expects the total number of vehicles in Malaysia to grow by 5.7% and for the price of an insurance policy to increase as well,...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 17:49
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker